To ensure a smooth transition with Collective, you’ll need to provide us documentation relating to your formation, bookkeeping, and taxes. Below is a list of documents that are required for onboarding.
Do you already have a Single Member-LLC upon joining Collective? If so, we will need the following documents:
- Articles of Organization
- Certificate of Registration with State
- State Corporate Entity Number
- Federal Employer ID Number (EIN)
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Recently filed Statement of Information
- S Corp letter from IRS (if already an S Corp)
- State Employer Registration Number (if already employer)
Accounting & Bookkeeping
Did you earn revenue this year or incur expenses? Part of the onboarding process is building QuickBooks to capture your business income and expense activity as of the beginning of the year. You will need to include business expenses from all sources and exclude personal expenses.
- Business income and expenses from 1/1 to current date
- Monthly bank statements from 1/1 to current date
- Any current year book to tax adjustments (if applicable)
- Access to current accounting software (if applicable)
If your business was pre-existing, we will need copies of your returns and record of payments to build your tax profile. We’d like to know all the details necessary to file your tax returns accurately!
- Prior year business income tax return (if applicable)
- Prior year LLC annual filing (if applicable)
- Prior year individual income tax return
- Prior year foreign bank account filing (if applicable)
- Record of estimated taxes paid for current year
- Any notices or correspondence received from tax authorities