To ensure a smooth transition with Collective, you’ll need to provide us with documentation relating to your formation, bookkeeping, and taxes. Below is a list of documents that are required for onboarding.

Business Entity

Do you already have a Single Member-LLC upon joining Collective? If so, we will need the following documents:

  • Articles of Organization

  • Any Amendments to the Articles of Organization (if applicable)

  • Operating Agreement (if you have one)

  • Federal Employer ID Number (EIN)

  • S Corp letter from IRS (if already an S Corp)

  • State Employer Registration Number (if already employer)

Accounting & Bookkeeping

Did you earn revenue this year or incur expenses? Part of the onboarding process is building the accounting software to capture your business income and expense activity as of the beginning of your S Corp (or first of the year if you are joining us as an S Corp). You will need to include business expenses from all sources and exclude personal expenses.

  • Business income and expenses

  • Monthly bank statements (upload via the Documents menu

  • Any current-year book-to-tax adjustments (if applicable)

  • Access to current accounting software (if applicable)


If your business was pre-existing, we will need copies of your returns and record of payments to build your tax profile. We’d like to know all the details necessary to file your tax returns accurately!

  • Prior year business income tax return (if applicable)

  • Prior year LLC annual filing (if applicable)

  • Prior year individual income tax return

  • Prior year foreign bank account filing (if applicable)

  • Record of estimated taxes paid for current year

  • Any notices or correspondence received from tax authorities

Did this answer your question?