All Collections
Collective Payroll Payroll (legacy)
Add Collective To Your Gusto Account (Gusto Takeover)
Add Collective To Your Gusto Account (Gusto Takeover)

Gusto Takeover Process

Updated over a week ago


If the EIN we are helping you with has already been used with a Gusto account, please follow these steps to add us to your account. This applies if you have ever started a Gusto account even if you didn't finish setting it up.


  1. Sign in to Gusto as the Primary administrator.

  2. Click the Settings tab.

  3. Click the Admins tab. If you don't see the Admins tab, click the Permissions tab and then click Gusto admins

  4. Remove all admins associated with other accounting firms before adding Collective Employee to your account. To remove the admin, click on the 3 dots next to the admin name and click “Remove Admin Access”. (If you wish to grant them access later on, you can do so after your training call with the OA but it is important to complete this step for Collective to take over the account billing successfully)

  5. Click Add new admin.

  6. When asked click the following: Not an Employee, Accountant, Other.

  7. Enter Collective Services as the Accountant's First and Last name.

  8. Enter [email protected] as the Accountant's Email.

  9. Click Add Admin.

  10. Next, you need to transfer the Primary Admin Rights to Collective Services. Click on the 3 dots next to your name under the “Action” column and click “Change Primary Admin”.

  11. Under ”New primary admin”, select Collective Services and hit the Save button.

  12. Email [email protected] when you are done :-)

If you're facing any issues while logging into your Gusto account, check out this Gusto guide related to Sign-in issues.

You can also call Gusto Support at (628) 246-1969.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this document is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or tax advice. It is not intended to be a substitute for obtaining accounting or other financial advice from an appropriate financial adviser or for the purpose of avoiding U.S. Federal, state or local tax payments and penalties.

Did this answer your question?