Third-Party Authorization Request Approval (MN-DOR)

This article lists the necessary steps required to approve the TPA request from Gusto

Updated over a week ago

For Gusto to file and pay your MN withholding taxes to the DOR, you'll need to grant Gusto third-party access. Once Gusto requests your approval, you'll be asked to approve Gusto as your TPA on your Minnesota e-Services dashboard.

It can take up to 7-10 business days before the request to approve Gusto appears on your Minnesota e-Services account. The Department of Revenue will then send you an email informing you of the access request.

You can follow the instructions provided in the email from the Minnesota DOR to approve that request or simply follow the steps mentioned below:

  1. Log in to your account with the Minnesota Department of Revenue E-Services

  2. From your homepage, click Manage my profile in the top right corner.

  3. Click I want to link to select an option for access.

  4. Under the Access section, select Set up access with another business.

  5. Under 3rd Party Access Options, click Approve or Deny pending 3rd Party Access requests to your account(s)

  6. You should now see a request from Zenpayroll1 (Gusto). For Allow Access, select Yes.

  7. Under Access Level, select All access. Then click Next.

  8. Click Submit.

  9. Save the confirmation PDF for your own records.

  10. Done!

Once you’ve granted access, an auto-email will be sent to Gusto, from the state, letting them know that you've granted them third-party access.

Important: if another third-party, such as a payroll service provider, previously filed your taxes on your behalf, contact the agency at (651) 282-9999 to:

  • Remove your representative's access to your account and

  • Request that the agency removes your company from the prior provider's client listing.

Got Questions? Email us at [email protected] and one of our Employer Registration Experts will get back to you with an answer.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this document is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or tax advice. It is not intended to be a substitute for obtaining accounting or other financial advice from an appropriate financial adviser or for the purpose of avoiding U.S. Federal, state or local tax payments and penalties.

Did this answer your question?